St Anne's Catholic School
Our School History
St Anne's Catholic School is located at 124 Russell Road, Manurewa, Auckland and is part of the St Anne's parish complex. The school was established in 1952 by the Sisters of Mercy, with a roll of about 69 pupils.
In 1983 it was integrated into the State System. Today it is entirely staffed by lay teachers. The approved maximum roll for the school is 560 still flowing. It is a decile 2 school.
This school is multicultural, respects the culture of all its students and will assist in every way possible to enhance those cultures. In keeping with the Catholic Character and in accordance with the wishes of the Catholic Bishops of New Zealand we are committed to the ideals of the Treaty of Waitangi and its partnership with the Maori people.
The learning of Maori language and culture is encouraged. Our school caters for the whole person and emphasis is given to the spiritual, social, physical, moral and scholastic development of all children as individuals.
We pray that all pupils who enter our school will grow in nature and grace before God and people, and achieve the very best they are capable of.